Whether you are looking in buy some Pandora jewelry for your self, you have a loved one who is a fan of Pandora charm bracelets, or you are simply interested in the history of charm bracelets, here are a few interesting facts that you should know before you decide to make any purchases.
1. In the year 2008, Pandora introduced what they called “LovePods.” These were Pandora jewelry which were made of 18k gold and gemstones such as diamonds, amethyst, peridot, citrine, spinel and topaz and have been among some of the more popular pandora bracelets purchases of the past couple of years.
2. According to recent market data, in 2011, PANDORA’s total revenue was DKK 6.7 billion, or approximately EUR 893 million. The popularity of the brand suggests that this value will only increase int eh years to come.
3. Did you know that, in Germany, intricately carved mammoth tusk charms have been found from around 30,000 years ago? Though these have not necessarily been the direct inspiration for more recent charm bracelets, they are certainly a significant point in their history.
4. Queen Victoria wore charm bracelets, starting a fashion among the European noble classes, and later when Prince Albert died, she popularized mourning charms that were carved of black jet or included a lock of the deceased’s hair.
5. Screen icons like Elizabeth Taylor and Joan Crawford helped to fuel the popularity of charm bracelets in mid-Century American. Read more articles like this: www.pandoratowson.com